THE BENEFITS OF OOLONG TEA January 08, 2020
5 Green Tea Health Benefits you didn't know July 08, 2019
White Tea and It's Benefits
White tea is not as popular as green tea, but it is even subtler in taste and more beneficial for health. White tea is the purest form of tea as it undergoes the least amount of processing. White tea is produced from the first two leaves and a bud at the top of a plant. The spring season is the best time to pluck leaves for white tea as the first fresh leaves come out during this time; this season is called the first flush for tea harvest. It has a light creamy taste, to be enjoyed by people who have a subtle choice for tea.
Interesting Facts about White Tea:
- The Bai Hao Yinzhen or the ‘Silver Needle’ is the best variety of white tea. This is found in the Fujian province of China. In India, the Darjeeling White and the Assam White variants are the best things tea gardens can ever produce.
- White tea contains a negligible amount of caffeine. The silver hairs of the bud create a whitish hue in the dried tea leaves; so it is called white tea. In ancient ages, white tea was appreciated in China only. Now the whole world has started acknowledging this great product of nature.
- The ideal temperature for brewing white tea is 75 degree Celsius; the water should not be taken to the boiling point or if it has reached the boiling point, it should be cooled down before soaking the white tea leaves. An excess of heat will spoil the beneficial compounds and the fine taste too.
Multiple benefits of white tea:
- Due to minimum level of processing , white tea contains a great amount of anti-oxidants. It is rich in polyphenols and catechins. A regular consumption of white tea purifies the blood removing toxins.
- It boosts up energy level and promotes a good rate of metabolism. It also helps in weight loss and keeps a glowing skin.
- White tea can do wonder for diabetic patients by decreasing the level of plasma glucose. It reduces excessive thirst which is a burning problem for diabetic people.
- White tea prevents the growth of bacteria inside mouth, thus arrests the accumulation of the sticky substance called plaque. It helps maintain a good oral health.
- It has been proved in a number of studies that white tea has anticancer properties; it prevents the growth of cancer cells.
- The flavenoid present in white tea promotes good blood circulation, stops accumulation of cholesterol and thus maintains a good cardiovascular health.
- It improves the immunity system and saves the body from allergies and infections.
Due to its finest quality, white tea is the most expensive product from a camellia sinensis plant. It is not easily affordable. However, if someone can buy it and consume on a regular basis, white tea is one of the most refreshing and beneficial beverage in the world.