Nausea is a type of stomach discomfort which triggers the sensation of vomiting and the feeling of illness in the body.
Nausea mainly occurs when someone is very sensitive to any particular food items, medication, side effects of a medicine, or is in her pregnancy.
This feeling of discomfort seems to be energy exhausting and health draining. To get relief from this without any future medications a cup of tea can be a temporary aid.
How a cup of tea can be helpful for nausea?
Tea has been proven to be an effective relief in terms of nausea.
Let us find out the best tea for nausea:
1. Ginger tea
Ginger roots have anti-inflammatory benefits in a huge amount which also helps in settling down the stomach discomfort properties.
When ginger is added to the tea it becomes a combination of immunity which is derived from the tea and smooth gestural comfort and decreased feeling of nausea from the ginger.
How to make ginger tea for nausea?
- Preheat the utensil used for making the tea then pour your desired amount of water.
- Add the fresh-cut/ginger root in boiling water and keep it for 4-5 m minutes as it is.
- Then add the loose leaf tea of ½ teaspoon according to the tea type and leave it for 2 minutes.
- Then strain the tea and serve it with honey or sugar and your ginger tea for nausea is ready to drink.
2. Chamomile tea
Chamomile tea has a great ability to provide relaxation from mental stress and tension. It is also helpful in fixing stomach problems.
It has a beautiful texture with floral flavor and has pure benefits of the tea plant. Thus it is widely recognized as one of the most beneficial herbal teas.
How to make chamomile tea for nausea?
- Boil the water in any tea making utensil.
- Then decrease the flame a bit and keep the water a minute or so in that position.
- The add the chamomile tea extracts and stir it.
- After stirring, leave it for 5 minutes.
- And then serve it by straining all the solids.
- Now your perfect cup of tea for nausea is ready.
Peppermint tea has an anti-bacterial property which is proved to be a relief to the people having it even once daily compared to the ones having placebos.
Not only that the presence of anti-inflammatory compounds helps in fixing stomach bugs. Peppermint tea has a refreshing and hydrating texture and flavor which makes it one of the best choices of tea for nausea.
Let us see how to make peppermint tea for nausea
- After boiling the water in the tea pan or saucepan for about 6-7 min.
- Add the fresh peppermint tea leaves on it, about 2 teaspoons for 1 and ½ cup of tea.
- Leave it as it is for 3-4 minutes by switching off the flame.
- Then warm up tea for a bit and after straining it properly.
- Serve it with honey or sugar or even milk.
- Which makes it your cup of peppermint tea for nausea.
There are other recommended tea types for nausea and stomach discomfort too. We’ve listed them below:
- Red raspberry leaf tea
- Green tea
- Black tea
- Fennel tea
Even fennel tea is also said to be an effective one for nausea mainly when it is caused due to some side effects of medications or the motion of some medicine or food which is not suited in one's body.
But during pregnancy, the sensation of nausea which is more or less very prominent can be relieved with tea including different health checks.
Best tea for nausea during pregnancy
During pregnancy, a woman needs to maintain a lot of things to have a healthy and hydrated body every day.
Starting from the time to time meals to the proper health checkups and necessary medicine consumption prescribed by the respective doctor.
Nausea being a common factor in this period causes a huge state of discomfort in the body which can be treated without and further medications up to a limit with a healthy intake of tea on a day to day basis.
Having tea with very less amount of caffeine is recommended. Caffeine should generally be avoided during pregnancy. It shouldn’t cross the limit of 200mg per day.
Type of tea
Caffeine content per 8 ounce
The tea variant mentioned above is mainly the extracts of Camellia Sinesis. There are also some herbal teas which contain 0% of caffeine or less than 0.5mg per 8 ounces.
But it is often noticed that there is a high recommendation of having safe tea variants for nausea during pregnancy like
Red Raspberry tea can tone the uterus so that it can be helpful during labor. The contractions become more productive. So it is highly recommended to have it from the 24th week of pregnancy.
One can also have Dandelion tea which is high in Vitamin A, Calcium, Iron, and Potassium and can be one of the best beverages to have daily.
Even Rooibos tea and Cucumber Peppermint tea can also be a refreshing yet healthy drink to have during pregnancy.
To maintain proper health during pregnancy having a cup of tea on a daily basis can be a supportive health aid. Therefore, having tea daily with all required checks and measurements becomes a healthy intake.