Have you been sipping over a cup of Pumpkin Spice tea every now and then? Or do you order for the Pumpkin Spice chai tea latte in Starbucks all the time? If that is so, then read on to know how good that habit of yours is.
What is Pumpkin Spice tea?
The beverage is actually made using popular pumpkin spices that are used to make seasonal pies. Thus, it is also called the pumpkin pie spice tea. The venture of pumpkin spice in the tea world has been recent, because originally the recipe of pumpkin spice latte was made with coffee, instead of chai or tea.
The pumpkin spice tea is mainly made with black tea, but herbal tea can also be used. Most commonly used black teas are either strong and malty types or spiced blends. But, if you are keen on trying the herbal alternative, then our best recommendation is the rooibos tea.
What does the Pumpkin Spice contain?
Used in American cuisine, Pumpkin Spice contains a mix of various spices that is required to make pumpkin pies. The spices which form this mix are cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and ginger. Previously, they were powdered but now they are freshly crushed, to give an intense flavor to the tea.
The pumpkin spice is available in pre-blended packs, but it is equally easy to make it on your own. You just need to have all these four spices and a blender or mixer at home. Blend them well in a powdery form and store in an airtight container. You can also crush them manually every time you decide to make a cup of pumpkin spice tea; this will give you a fresh and intense flavor we were talking about.
Pumpkin Spice Tea Recipes
Just how several spices are mixed to make the core element of this tea, similarly there are equal numbers of pumpkin spice tea recipes to choose from. Here, we will provide you with some of the interesting pumpkin spice tea recipes that exist.
Basic Pumpkin Spice Tea Recipe
To savor a cup of warm and sweet pumpkin spice tea, follow our recipe.
- Black Tea or “Chai” (1 teaspoon)
- Milk of your choice, preferably almond milk (1 cup)
- Pumpkin Pie Spice (½ teaspoon)
- Pumpkin Syrup (1-2 teaspoon, depending on desired sweetness)
- Add milk to a saucepan and place over low to medium flame.
- Add Chai tea and then the Pumpkin Pie Spice.
- Simmer for around 10 minutes.
- Strain and use an electric frother to make foam.
- Pour the pumpkin syrup into a mug, then add tea.
It's just these simple easy steps and your smearing hot cup of cozy Pumpkin Spice tea is ready to be relished. Enjoy it with a snack of your choice!Coconut Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
It is never a bad choice to add in delicious natural flavors to your beverage, right? Thus, to enjoy the flavor of coconut in this drink this is one of the best. What’s more is the super easy recipe, which can be easily made at the comfort of your home.
- Coconut Milk (1 cup)
- Brown Sugar (1 teaspoon)
- Pumpkin Pie Spice (½ teaspoon)
- Black Tea (1 teaspoon)
- Pumpkin Puree or Syrup (1-2 teaspoon, depending on desired sweetness)
- Coconut Whipping Cream (100 ml)
- Shredded Coconut (½ teaspoon)
- Hot Water (50 ml)
- Boil water in a pan and steep the tea leaves for 10 minutes.
- In another saucepan, mix pumpkin puree or syrup and pumpkin pie spice; cook it while stirring for about 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and brown sugar and simmer with stirring for around 10-15 minutes until all ingredients are dissolved.
- Strain the tea and add to a saucepan.
- Use a frother to make froth.
- Next, use a separate bowl to make whipped coconut cream.
- Pour the latte into a mug, top up with whipped cream and sprinkle shredded coconut on top.
Is making the ingredients of pumpkin spice tea at home possible?
You must be wondering by now that all the ingredients required to make this delicious pumpkin spice chai tea latte and even the simple pumpkin spice tea are available in the stores, pre-made, which can be so unhealthy for every time use. This concern is completely justified and thus, we at TeaSwan are providing you with very basic ways to make them at home.
The pumpkin syrup being used in the tea can be made at home, which will be free of all the additives. The best choice of making this puree is by using the sweet butternut pumpkin or sugar pumpkin that has natural sugar and flavor to make the drink taste delicious.
Steps to make it.
- Take a pumpkin (sweet butternut pumpkin or sugar pumpkin)
- Wash the pumpkin, then cut it into half; then peel and cut into small cubes.
- Boil in water for 20-30 minutes until it’s soft.
- Mash the pumpkin into a puree.
This hot & sweet tea has incredible health benefits that you should definitely know about. The goodness of the tea comes from the pumpkin spice that is infused in the tea, to give it a strong and delicious flavor.
Gets Your Blood Flowing
Ginger is anti-inflammatory and a stimulant, which is great for blood flow. The increased blood flow in your body will keep your vital organs healthy. It will serve them enough oxygen and nutrients needed to operate.
Contains Less Caffeine
Caffeinated drinks are known to hamper sleep and make you anxious. The Herbal Pumpkin Spice tea contains very little caffeine and is a good choice if you are trying to avoid those conditions.
Nutmeg, another element of the pumpkin spice, is an anti-bacterial. It is known to have extensive uses for oral health.
Loaded With Vitamin A
Pumpkin, a rich source of vitamin A, helps boost immunity and improve eyesight. It also contains antioxidants and potassium that can help prevent heart disease, and it also promotes brain health.
The pumpkin spice tea bags, which are available in plenty, have very few calories, making it a very good option for people who are trying to maintain their calorie intake.
What’s better when something tasty is healthy as well? The Pumpkin Spice Tea is exactly that, extremely delicious as well as healthy. You should definitely give this tea a try if you haven’t already!
And if you have a secret recipe for this tea, do let us know! We would love to hear from you.