An Easy way:- How to Make the Best Black Tea at Home
Now that you've got the freshest black teas from TeaSwan, I'm here to tell you how to make the perfect black teas.
We all know the goodness of black teas and why they should be a part of your daily routine. The second most consumed beverage after water is something you should prepare for your family daily and help them stay healthy.
Apart from being healthy, you can also make black teas with a variety of ingredients starting from lemon to ginger to cardamom. Black teas, in general, are one of the easiest to make and one of the healthiest.
I suggest you check out our blog on 10 Impressive Health Benefits Of Black Tea to know more about why you should drink black tea daily, if you don't have much time, here's a summary on that blog.
- May Reduce the Risk of Cancer: The polyphenols present in black teas are said to have cancer-fighting properties. Black Teas can greatly reduce the risk of lungs, prostate, skin and breast cancer.
- Back Teas have Antioxidants: The antioxidants present in black teas can lessen the damage done to your body and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- Could Improve Heart Health: Black teas are known to contain a set of flavonoids that could improve your heart health. Practice black tea every day and you could avoid some serious heart conditions.
- Could Avoid Strokes: Did you know 80% of strokes can be checked by controlling your diet? Black Teas can help reduce weight, increase physical activity and regulate blood pressure significantly lowering the risks of strokes.
- Improve Oral Health: An analysis backed by the Tea Trade Health Research Association showed that black tea decreased plaque deposit and reduced bacterial growth.
These were a few of the health benefits of black tea, and now that I've got you to grab a cup, let's talk about how to make black tea.
How to make black tea
Even though the methods and the amount of ingredients used can vary from person to person, the basics remain the same. For the sake of the article, I shall be serving one person to teach you how to make the black tea.
A cup of water.
1 tbs of sugar.
2-3 grams of loose leaf black tea.
Milk, sugar, honey, lemon etc (Optional)
How to make it.
Pour some water in a tea kettle and heat it until it reaches 90°-100°c.
To avoid tea from cooling, pre-heat your teacup beforehand as the water's temperature drops down drastically when poured on a cold cup.
Measuring your loose tea leaves is an important step. As much as two grams of teas leaves can be added to make a perfect cup of tea.
Position the leaves directly into the cup or on an infuser and pour boiling water over them.
Cover the lid with the with a small saucer or a coaster.
Let the tea steep for 3-5 minutes. I suggest you let it steep for 3 minutes and review the taste after every 30 seconds.
Once finished steeping, remove the leaves by lifting the infuser or by pouring the tea on another cup through a strainer. (The taste could vary if the tea leaves are not removed on time).
Add milk or honey as per your preference. Some also prefer adding lemon or sugar cubes. If you decide on adding milk, heat the milk gradually and add the tea later. However, adding milk and lemon together will curdle the milk and ruin the taste.
BONUS: Adding crushed ginger at the time of placing tea leaves into your cup can greatly add to black tea's benefits and give your tea a different taste altogether.
There you go, you just made the best black tea in the world!
Teach others how to make black tea and enjoy your hot cup with them.