Blackberries are summertime fruit. This sweet tangy fruit can help you to prepare many things for eating such as yogurt and tea. Blackberry tea is generally a blend of blackberry and black tea. This tea has a high flavour of black tea and you can greatly enjoy this tea as it has a tarty and sweet flavour of blackberries. Blackberry tea can be made in different ways, blackberry tea can be made with the fruit blackberry as well as blackberry tea can be made with the leaf of the blackberry plant which is known as blackberry leaf tea.
Blackberry is popularly grown in North America, Europe, and Asia. Blackberry belongs to the rebus genus, this genus has other plants also such as raspberries and dewberries. The tea which is made is generally purple as it contains anthocyanins. This beautiful tea has a sweet and fruity aroma which one gets into the air makes the air refreshing and mesmerizing. Blackberry tea more popular during the summertime as most people preferred to drink it as an iced tea but it can also be consumed as a hot beverage according to your taste.
Health Benefits of Blackberry Tea
Blackberries are a fruit that is known to be rich in antioxidants such as flavonoids, tannins, and polyphenols. Antioxidants are very important for the body for proper functioning. The properties of antioxidants found in blackberry are very beneficial for the skin and you may have also observed that blackberries are also present in skincare products. The antioxidant properties present in blackberry helps to boost anti-inflammatory properties in the body and helps to reduce wrinkles and work on fine lines. The Antioxidant helps to reduce oxidative stress because of which free radicals do not occur and it helps to protect our body from cognitive diseases such as cancer and many more.
2. Heart Benefits -
Blackberry tea helps a person to keep the health of their heart perfect so that they cannot get any serious or they can prevent that problem. Blackberry tea contains anthocyanins in it which help to regulate blood pressure and protect a person from high blood pressure. If you consume this tea on daily basis especially during the summer season it will protect you from high-risk heart diseases. Blackberries along with strawberries and blueberries help with the lowered blood pressure and it also helps with blood sugar. If you have low blood pressure then you can consume blackberry tea it will give you relief.
3. Digestive system aid -
Drinking blackberry tea helps you with proper digestion which is very important for a person’s body as it helps to protect a person his body from various diseases relating to digestion. Blackberry tea helps to increase the production of digestive enzymes and by this, the body will be able to break the food down more efficiently. Blackberry tea usually blends with green tea leaves or black tea leaves which contain some amount of caffeine. Caffeine also helps with digestive problems, so it is also important that we should intake some amount of caffeine in our body. A low level of caffeine may cause constipation as caffeine is a popularly known laxative that protects our body from constipation.
4. Boost Immune System -
Blackberry tea contains many vitamins and minerals which are important for our immune system to remain healthy. Blackberry tea contains vitamin C, vitamin K, and vitamin E these all vitamins are very important for our immune system. If we have an adequate amount of vitamin C then it will protect our body from the common cold and helps to reduce its symptoms and severity. And it also improves the immune system when a virus is identified in the body. Vitamin k present in our body helps to help in blood clotting and also helps to heal our wounds. Blackberry tea was used in ancient times for curing wounds.
Recipe Of Blackberry Tea
- First, you have to make blackberry syrup. For making syrup you have to combine blackberry and sugar into a saucepan. Take a fork and gently smash the blackberries this will help to release the juices. Now add water to this mixture and stir it then boil this mixture of blackberry, sugar, and water. Boil under medium heat for 15 minutes and stir the mixture occasionally.
- As the syrup is boiling, take another saucepan and take 3 cups of water to add some black tea leaves and let the mixture steep for 5 to 7 minutes. Now, take a sieve then pour the mixture in the sieve and then finally into the cup and then remove all the tea leaves from it. Discard all the tea leaves.
- Now, when the syrup is ready turn off the stove and lets the syrup cool for 3 to 4 minutes. Now, you have strained the syrup with a fine mesh strainer. Take a strainer and below it places a heat-proof bowl. Pour the syrup into the strainer and push the blackberries down so that all the juice is collected in the bowl. Discard all the pulp which is left.
- Pour the in the bowl which is containing the syrup. And add some cups of cold water into the bowl stir it properly and refrigerate the tea until it is cold.
- As the tea gets cool serve this tea with frozen blackberries on the top.
- You can serve this tea with different snacks such as Greek yogurt curry chicken salad, roasted red pepper dip, and cucumber Greek salad.
Consuming iced blackberry tea during the hot summer season gives you a cool sensation and helps you to relieve yourself from the heat of the summer season. The great health benefits of this tea make it even greater and more worthy to drink. Blackberry tea keeps your heart healthy, boosts your immune system, rich in antioxidants, and helps with digestion. It is recommended that if you are having fieldwork in the hot summer afternoon then you should try this tea before doing work it will help you to work more energetically.