Banana tea is among those teas which have a wonderful taste as well as wonderful health benefits. Banana tea is usually made by boiling the whole banana into hot water and then drinking the remaining liquid. Banana tea can be made either by peeling it or by not peeling it, both are healthy. If you are making banana peel tea it usually takes longer to get prepared as it has a high fibber content. Most people like to drink banana tea by adding some cinnamon or honey in the tea as it gives a better taste to the tea. Banana tea also helps people who face problems with sleeping.
In banana tea, you can find nutrition such as potassium, magnesium, manganese, and copper. These all nutrient is very important for a body if a person wants to remain healthy. Banana tea contains vitamin B6 which helps to boost the immune system and also helps to build more red blood cells in the body. Banana tea is a great source of potassium and magnesium both of these nutrients are important for the healthy heart of the person and it also helps with a person’s sleeping sickness.
Health Benefits of banana tea -
Contains antioxidant -
Banana has a high amount of antioxidants in them. Bananas have high naturally water-soluble antioxidants. Banana tea contains antioxidants like dopamine and gallocatechol which helps a normal body to fight against free radicals which helps to prevent the body from many health conditions related to the heart.
Banana peel tea has much more amount of antioxidants than banana tea which is made after making peeling it as banana peel has a high level of antioxidant. The more you brew this tea the more amount or more molecule of antioxidants you will have in the tea.
2. Prevent Bloating -
Banana tea helps in the problem of bloating. Banana tea contains potassium, mineral, and electrolyte which is very important for regulating blood pressure in the body and helps with muscle contractions. Banana tea also helps with the fluid balance in the body.
Potassium and electrolyte together work in the body which helps to regulate fluid balance in the cells of the body. When the body intakes more sodium than potassium then it helps with water retention and helps with the problem of bloating. The more amount of potassium when reaches our body then it helps the body get protected from bloating.
3. Promote Sleep -
Banana tea is popularly is used as a sleeping aid. Banana tea contains three nutrients that help to promote sleep these nutrients are potassium, magnesium, and tryptophan. Potassium and magnesium present in the banana tea help in better and lengthy sleep as consuming these nutrients help with the relaxation of muscles and helps a person to sleep peacefully. Banana tea also helps to produce sleep-inducing hormones which are serotonin and melatonin these two hormones are very important for a good and peaceful sleep. Banana tea was used as a sleeping aid even in the olden days which helped a person lot.
4. Low in sugar -
Banana tea is a good beverage for those who do not like sugar or are diabetic patients. When we brew banana into the hot water then an only a small amount of sugar is released into the water and this sugar acts as a natural sweetener to the tea and there is no need to add more sugar to it.
Taking beverages such as banana tea which has natural sweeteners and no sugar have to be added to it can be very good for the health of the people who are suffering from heart disease, obesity, and diabetes. In this way, they can reduce the intake of sugar which can be harmful to their body. Banana tea tastes good even after it has a little amount of sugar but then also it is just wonderful.
Recipe of Banana Tea -
- 1 peeled banana
- Half teaspoon cinnamon
- Take a pan and add 2 cups of water into it and boil this water at a high flame. Boil the water until you can see bubbles on the surface of the water.
- Now, add the banana which you have peeled into the pan, and then boil it for 10 minutes under the low flame. Boil the banana in the water because this will help the water to extract all important nutrients from the banana and it will make the tea healthy and add many health benefits for the body.
- Now, add half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder to the water and let stir it well and let the mixture boil for few minutes and do not forget to stir the mixture occasionally.
- Place a sieve and take all the mixture into the cup except the banana. The tea is ready to drink. Add your favourite snacks to the table this will make the feeling of drinking banana tea more special. If you are having a sleeping problem then you must consume this tea before going to bed. This will help you to get better sleep.
Recipe of Banana Peel Tea -
- Take 2 cups of water in a pot and boil it on a high flame until you start seeing bubbles on the surface of the water.
- Wash the banana with the peel so that all the dirt is removed from the banana.
- Do not peel the banana just cut both the ends of the banana nicely keep in mind that you properly cut the ends.
- Now add the banana with the peel to the boiling water. Now, you have to reduce the flame and you have to wait until the tea simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add some cinnamon or honey to the pot and stir it nicely by this you will add more flavour to your tea.
- Now, you have to take the banana out from the pot and you have to serve this tea into your favourite cups and with your favourite snacks.
Final Words -
Banana tea is one of that tea which has many health benefits and which contains many nutrients which are very important for our body. Besides from healthy banana tea also has a wonderful flavour which makes a person’s day more energetic. Banana tea also helps with sleeping problems people can consume this tea during bedtime for better sleep.
If you want to try something new then you should try banana tea it is somewhat different from any other tea and the best fruit tea one can have.